4 Bedrooms · Sleeps 11 · Special offers available
Villa Opal and its private pool and garden enjoys outstanding views over the stunning Douro Valley landscape of vineyards and olive groves, offering a mixed self-catering and partial-cook-service. The property is located on the edge of a very peaceful rural hamlet, where the most exciting moment of the day is the arrival of the bread delivery van in the morning!
Right next-door is Villa Opal 1 for 6 + 3 guests – both properties can be rented for two parties wanting to travel together (benefitting from a special discount), yet retain some degree of independence.
Converted from an old school house, there are some charming details here and there to remind you of your old school days, but the very spacious and high standard interiors have been re-designed with comfort and the enjoyment of the surrounding vistas in mind, from its various rooms and panoramic terraces.
Villa Opal is equipped with all modern conveniences such as air-conditioning and heating, Satellite TV and sound system in two different areas, plus Wi-Fi Internet as well as a courtesy tablet and a local mobile for client use. The accommodation is split on 2 levels with a spacious sitting/dining room, four en-suite bedrooms, plus a games room with snooker table. The excellent and friendly staff team speak Portuguese, French and English and as well as looking after your daily needs, double up as local tour guides or babysit on request.
One week rentals (or longer) at this property benefit from a basic welcome hamper, breakfast every day, a welcome dinner on the first night, free vouchers for the Douro museum, a visit to one of the Port producing Quintas with wine tasting, and a Rabelo boat trip during the High Season, all included in rental.
Wine has been produced by traditional landholders in Northern Portugal for hundreds of years and since the 18th century its main product (port wine), has been world famous for its quality. Although there is still very little in the way of developed tourism in the area, there is plenty to explore and enjoy: from wine tasting and excellent eateries (both simple and sophisticated), to nature walks and a river cruise. Not to be missed is the unforgettable historic train trip up-river from Pinhão to Foz Tua: never leaving the riverside and passing Douro Quintas and damn locks, with the landscape of terraced vineyards changing to dramatic rocky outcrops, making this one of Europe´s great rail journeys!
- GROUND FLOOR – Entrance to open-plan sitting room/dining room with fireplace and TV; guest WC; fully equipped all-electric kitchen with staff access to exterior. Two double bedrooms (beds of 1,60 x 2,00 meters) each with en-suite shower bathroom and opening onto a shared panoramic terrace/garden. Garden access to a fully equipped laundry room; plus games rooms with snooker table and TV plus an extra WC/shower bathroom. Pool-side BBQ and outdoor dining area
- FIRST FLOOR – Master double bedroom (bed size 1,60 x 2,00 meters) with extra single-sofa bed, en-suite shower bathroom and private panoramic terrace; twin bedroom (2 beds of 0,90 x 1,90 meters) with 2 extra pull-out beds, en-suite shower bathroom and balcony over pool area; solarium terrace
- Pinhão (river marina & historic train station, supermarket, specialist wine & regional product shops, basic convenience shops, restaurants & bars, banks & ATM'S, post office, health centre & chemist, taxi, church & petrol station) – 8 kms
- Alijó (larger supermarkets) – 15 kms
- Provesende (one of the protected Heritage Site villages, also features a great restaurant) – 5 kms
- Air Conditioning
- Central Heating
- Entertainment System
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- High Chair
- Plasma Screen TV
- Private Garden
- Private Pool
- Safe Box
- Satellite TV
- Sun Loungers/Parasols
- Washing Machine
- WIFI Access
- Babysitting Services Available
- Concierge Services
- Daily Housekeeping
- Fully Staffed Services
- Linen/Bath Towels Provided
- Maid/Housekeeping Included
- Private Cook/Chef Available
- Welcome Basket/Hamper
Local Activities & Interests
- 4x4 Hire
- Local Markets
Prices shown for this villa are per week.
Prices from: £2,400-4,100 per week
For further rates and availability, please contact our travel team.
Additional InformationComplimentary with basic rentals of 2 to 6 nights – Multilingual check-in & check-out assistance; Port served on arrival; basic welcome hamper; breakfast everyday; courtesy use of local mobile phone with €10 credit & tablet computer during stay. Extra charge of €30 p/person p/night applies for 3 extra guests over the 8 person villa capacity (sleeping in a single sofa bed & 2 pull-out beds), paid locally.
Complimentary with fully inclusive rentals of 1 week or longer – Multilingual check-in & check-out assistance; Port served on arrival; basic welcome hamper; welcome dinner on 1st night; breakfast everyday; courtesy use of local mobile phone with €10 credit & tablet computer during stay; Quinta do Popa visit & wine tasting; Douro Museum entry; a two hour Rabelo boat ride on the Douro (a non excusive regular tour with departure from Pinhão from April till November).
Extra charge of €285 p/person p/week applies for 3 extra guests over the 8 person villa capacity (sleeping in a double sofa bed & fold-out bed), paid locally.