3 Bedrooms · Sleeps 9
Villa Opal 1 with it's private pool benefits from spectacular views of steep vineyard terraces in the heart of the Douro Valley, offering a mixed self-catering and partial-cook-service. The property is located on the edge of a very peaceful rural hamlet, where the most exciting moment of the day is the arrival of the bread delivery van in the morning! Next door is Villa Opal for 8 + 3 guests both villas can be rented together for larger parties (benefiting from a special discount) or individually.
This striking villa has been designed with large windows and a chill-out area on the top level, for guests to enjoy the panoramic views. The accommodation is split on two levels and includes a spacious open plan living/dining room, 3 en-suite bedrooms and a games room with snooker table.
Villa Opal 1 is also equipped with modern conveniences such as free Wi-Fi Internet, tablet and local mobile loan, Satellite TV and music system, air-conditioning and heating. The staff speak Portuguese, French and English and as well as looking after your daily needs, double up as local tour guide or babysit on request.
One week rentals (or longer) at this property benefit from a basic welcome hamper, breakfast every day, a welcome dinner on the first night, free vouchers for the Douro museum, a visit to one of the Port producing Quintas with wine tasting, and a Rabelo boat trip during the High Season, all included in rental.
Wine has been produced by traditional landholders in Northern Portugal for hundreds of years and since the 18th century its main product (port wine), has been world famous for its quality. Although there is still very little in the way of developed tourism in the area, there is plenty to explore and enjoy: from wine tasting and excellent eateries (both simple and sophisticated), to nature walks and a river cruise. Not to be missed is the unforgettable historic train trip up-river from Pinhão to Foz Tua; never leaving the riverside and passing Douro Quintas and damn locks, with the landscape of terraced vineyards changing to dramatic rocky outcrops, making this one of Europe´s great rail journeys!
- Lower Level Entrance to open plan-sitting room/dining room with fireplace and TV; guest WC; fully equipped kitchen with staff access to exterior. Staircase to first floor
- Middle Level Another exterior entrance. Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and double bedroom with en-suite shower room both rooms share a covered terrace with panoramic views. Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room. Small sitting room with double sofa bed opening onto to pool terrace. Outdoor dining area and access to fully equipped laundry room and WC/shower room, with steps to a further terraced garden level. Pool terrace access to games rooms with snooker, TV and music system
- Top Level(Open Doors) Chill-out terrace
- Pinhão (river marina & historic train station, supermarket, specialist wine & regional product shops, basic convenience shops, restaurants & bars, banks & ATMS, post office, health center & chemist, taxi, church & petrol station) 8 kms
- Alijó (larger supermarkets) 15 km
- Provesende (one of the protected Heritage Site villages, also features a great restaurant) 5 km
- Air Conditioning
- Central Heating
- Entertainment System
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Garden Furniture
- High Chair
- Plasma Screen TV
- Private Pool
- Safe Box
- Satellite TV
- Sun Loungers/Parasols
- Washing Machine
- WIFI Access
- Airport Transfers Available
- Babysitting Services Available
- Concierge Services
- Daily Housekeeping
- Linen/Bath Towels Provided
- Maid/Housekeeping Included
- Private Cook/Chef Available
- Welcome Basket/Hamper
Local Activities & Interests
- Local Markets
Prices shown for this villa are per week.
Prices from: £2,750-2,950 per week
For further rates and availability, please contact our travel team.
Additional InformationComplimentary with basic rentals of 2 to 6 nights Multilingual check-in & check-out assistance; Port served on arrival; basic welcome hamper; breakfast everyday; courtesy use of local mobile phone with 10 credit & tablet computer during stay. Extra charge of 30 p/person p/night applies for 3 extra guests over the 6 person villa capacity (sleeping in a double sofa bed & fold-out bed), paid locally.
Complimentary with fully inclusive rentals of 1 week or longer Multilingual check-in & check-out assistance; Port served on arrival; basic welcome hamper; welcome dinner on 1st night; breakfast everyday; courtesy use of local mobile phone with 10 credit & tablet computer during stay; Quinta do Popa visit & wine tasting; Douro Museum entry; a two hour Rabelo boat ride on the Douro (a non excusive regular tour with departure from Pinhão from April till November). Extra charge of 285 p/person p/week applies for 3 extra guests over the 6 person villa capacity (sleeping in a double sofa bed & fold-out bed), paid locally.
FESTIVE SEASON CHRISTMAS (23 December 2 January 2018): minimum 3 nights rental accepted @ £385.00 per night
3 EXTRA GUESTS can be accommodated at a supplement payable locally.
Minimum one week rental in July & August.
Please note Due to unprotected drops from the various terraced levels, this property is not ideal for toddlers and young children must be supervised!