4 Bedrooms · Sleeps 8 · Special offers available
The pictures may wow you, but they are just a hint of the luxurious and indulgent experience that awaits you when you stay in this lavish rental villa for eight guests. There are spectacular views, a panoramic infinity pool and a Jacuzzi at this stunning holiday villa, perched high above Pinhão on the Douro Valley!
2019 Bookings at 2018 Rates
An unique holiday villa, Villa Dora is surrounded by 8,000m2 of land and all the 4 en-suite double bedrooms as well as the social areas, have been designed to enjoy the very special landscape and views over olive trees and vineyard terraces, sloping all the way down to the river Douro. The villa has high standard contemporary interiors where slate (local to the Douro), glass and wood are the principal materials; and its fitted with air-conditioning for those very hot Douro summer days, as well as central heating and fireplaces for off-season rentals, making it suitable for year round rentals.
And while the gracious and accommodating staff prepare fantastic daily breakfasts as well as other meals on request, the panoramic terraces are perfect for “al fresco” meals. Then in the evenings, the outlook from the swimming pool and the jacuzzi transforms into something quite magical – whilst the pool is flood-lit, the jacuzzi’s ceiling is all lit-up with tiny stars and you look out onto to the faint twinkling lights of distant villages. A very spacious games room includes a pool table, a piano and a bar. There is also an outdoor chill-out area amidst vineyards and olive trees, providing the ideal set up for a private wine tasting (on request) or just somewhere to relax the hours away, with a book and a glass of port in your hand of course.
One week rentals (or longer) at this property benefit from a basic welcome hamper, breakfast every day, a welcome dinner on the first night, free vouchers for the Douro museum for all guests, a visit to one of the Port producing Quintas with wine tasting, and a Rabelo boat trip during the High Season, all included in rental.
The Douro Valley in Portugal is an UNESCO World Heritage Site recognizing the area around the Douro River where wine has been produced for the past two thousand years. Port wine is produced exclusively in the Douro and you can visit numerous Quintas, learn about the process, taste their production and buy Port directly. You will feel “far from the madding crowd”, yet with plenty to explore and enjoy locally, from nature walks to river cruises, as well as some excellent eateries (both simple and sophisticated) to be sampled. Not to be missed is the unforgettable historic train trip up-river from Pinhão to Foz Tua: never leaving the riverside and passing Douro Quintas and damn locks, with the landscape of terraced vineyards changing to dramatic rocky outcrops, making this one of Europe´s great rail journeys!
- First Foor – Entrance hall, guest WC, master twin/double bedroom suite with shower bathroom (rain and hand held showers), double sinks and opening to private terrace and garden access to pool area, twin/double bedroom suite with full bathroom (bath and shower) opening to private terrace and garden access to pool area, double bedroom suite with shower bathroom (rain and hand held showers), kitchen and larder with service door to exterior as well as access to dining area and terrace, very spacious open plan dining/sitting room with surrounding panoramic windows, TV lounge area and fireplace, access to terrace
- Ground Floor – Twin/double bedroom suite with shower bathroom (rain and hand held showers), very spacious games room with pool table, piano, bar, another TV lounge area and fireplace, shower bathroom & WC, fully equipped laundry room, access to the jacuzzi or swimming pool terrace with barbeque and oven plus another outdoor dining area
- Pinhão (river marina & historic train station, supermarket, specialist wine & regional product shops, basic convenience shops, restaurants & bars, banks & ATMS, post office, health center & chemist, taxi, church & petrol station) – 1 km
- Alijó (larger supermarkets) – 15 kms
- Provesende (one of the protected Heritage Site villages, also features a great restaurant) – 13 kms
- Air Conditioning
- Central Heating
- Entertainment System
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Garden Furniture
- High Chair
- Infinity Pool
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub
- Plasma Screen TV
- Private Garden
- Private Pool
- Satellite TV
- Sun Loungers/Parasols
- Washing Machine
- WIFI Access
- Airport Transfers Available
- Babysitting Services Available
- Daily Housekeeping
- Linen/Bath Towels Provided
- Maid/Housekeeping Included
- Private Cook/Chef Available
- Welcome Basket/Hamper
Local Activities & Interests
- Historic Sites
- Local Markets
Prices shown for this villa are per week.
Prices from: £3,890-4,670 per week
For further rates and availability, please contact our travel team.
Additional InformationSTAFF & SERVICES:
Maid Service included x 2 hours per day after breakfast is served – the swimming pool and the surrounding terraces are cleaned and maintain first thing in the morning as required.
Extra Cook Service on request for minimum 4 pax, paid locally – 3 course meal @ €35 per person per meal including local wines. Baby Sitting on request, paid locally. Personal Laundry on request, paid locally.
Complimentary with basic rentals 2 to 6 nights night rentals – Check-in & check-out assistance (local maid); Port served on arrival; basic welcome hamper; breakfast everyday; courtesy use of tablet computer during stay.
Complimentary with all 7-night rentals – Check-in & check-out assistance (local maid); Port served on arrival; basic welcome hamper; welcome dinner on 1st night; breakfast everyday; courtesy use of local mobile phone with €10 credit & tablet computer during stay; Quinta do Bomfim visit & wine tasting; Douro Museum entry and a 2-hour Rabelo boat ride on the Douro (a non exclusive regular tour with departure from Pinhão from April till November) for all guests.
Please note – Due to some unprotected drops this property is not suitable for children under 5 years but a baby of non-walking age would be accepted!