5 Bedrooms · Sleeps 10
At Marta's Farm you can combine a luxurious country house stay for ten guests with a true Alentejo experience. this can be tailored to suit your private group’s needs and interests or a corporate event.
As well as a swimming pool and a small gym, there is a jogging circuit or horse riding to be enjoyed outdoors. This unique holiday rental property is surrounded by 87 hectares of unspoilt countryside planted with cork trees and holm oaks and is a place where serenity reins (except for the odd moo of a cow), somewhere you can inhale pure oxygen, and totally relax!
Extremely comfortable and equipped to a high standard, Marta’s Farm is suited for year-round rentals. The crisp and clear winter days are ideal for exploring the Alentejo and all it has to offer with fireplaces beckoning you in the evenings; whereas in the summer heat, you’ll be taking refuge by the swimming pool during the day and having outdoor evening meals.
The interiors of this Portuguese quinta are designed around the owner’s great love of horses and heroine Conchita Citrón (famous female American Portuguese bullfighter). All the bedrooms have orthopedic beds with down duvets and mosquito netting on the windows. The 100m2 living room has a TV (Portuguese channels only), a cinema screen,library of DVDs (on request), backgammon set, card games and WiFi; and the dining room can sit a maximum of 16 guests around the table (extra sitting up to 30 people can be arranged). Both the living and dining rooms have fireplaces and the kitchen offers a fantastic space for a large group to cook together.
Despite the tranquility, there’s plenty to do for those of a more active disposition. Nearby you can visit the UNESCO sites of Elvas or Évora; one of the regions 9 castles or a local market; and with a total of 33 wine cellars within close proximity, an educational wine tasting visit and lunch in a local eatery is a must! The stunning Alentejo landscape is somewhat reminiscent of the African plains and no less beautiful, and the countryside here is ideally suited to nature walks or bird watching – in the spring wild flowers abound and in the summer the golden sunsets are stunning.
- Master bedroom suite with 4-poster bed, dressing room and bathroom with Jacuzzi bath and separate walk-in shower, fireplace and air-conditioning. This room enjoys Alentejo landscape views and is only available for a 10 person rental
- Double bedroom suite with shower bathroom
- Double bedroom suite with full bathroom and hand held shower
- Two twin bedroom suites each with a shower bathroom
- Living room and dining room with with full use of formal dining service, wine & champagne glasses
- Spacious and fully equipped kitchen
- Monforte (food shops, chemist, banks) – 4km
- Extremoz (castle town, market, restaurants, hypermarkets, health centre) – 25km
- Portalegre (hospital) – 35km
- Alter do Chão (Luzitano horses & falconry) – 35km
- Elvas (Unesco World Heritage Site, castle town, old library, restaurants, etc) – 38km
- Badajoz, Spain (golf) – 55km
- Comporta (stunning expanse of sandy beaches within a nature reserve & great beach bars serving mostly fresh seafood) – 200 km / 1 hour 30 minutes drive
- Air Conditioning
- DVD Library
- DVD Player
- Entertainment System
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Garden Furniture
- High Chair
- Plasma Screen TV
- Private Garden
- Private Pool
- Satellite TV
- Sun Loungers/Parasols
- Washing Machine
- WIFI Access
- Airport Transfers Available
- Babysitting Services Available
- Concierge Services
- Fully Staffed Services
- Laundry Service
- Linen/Bath Towels Provided
- Local Property Manager
- Maid/Housekeeping Included
- Private Cook/Chef Available
- Welcome Basket/Hamper
Local Activities & Interests
- Boat Hire
- Local Beaches
- Local Markets
- Mountain Biking/Cycling
Prices shown for this villa are per week.
Prices from: £6,200 per week
For further rates and availability, please contact our travel team.